Friday, February 5, 2010

GJP Deepstacked Satellite

Wrote this last night for freshness only publishing it now,

Played the Green Joker Poker Deep stacked Super Satellite,

50euro + 10euro in,
2rebuys or one rebuy and top up,
starting stack 3k,
4k for rebuys,
rebuys for the first hour,
three 20min levels, then the blinds go up to 25mins,

I managed to get through the rebuy without rebuying and had 4800 chips, toped up for 4k, so had 8800 with the blinds starting at 100-200,

But at the speed of live play and the blinds going up in 25mins, it was basically a turbo, there was a great turnout for the super satellite 271players, the funny thing was that this generated 54seats but there was only 15seats available, this left the interesting situation that when the bubble broke everyone would be guaranteed 550euro, now anyone who already had a ticket or didn’t want to play would drop out, chips removed but the remaining players would have to play it out for the 15seats. I thought that was a interesting bubble situation.

Anyways in the satellite my stack peeked at 11k, then an interesting hand came up where the blinds are 150-300 25 ante, 10handed, couple of limps around I limp the button with J9s, the sb raises to 1350, one caller, everyone else folds, I decide to take a flop here, I’m getting a great price,
300+300+300+300+(1350X2)+250=4200 I have to call 1.05k more, little loose but I have position and a good read on the two opponents,
Flop comes 8s7s5, the raiser checks, next guy snaps 5k in I reship my 9k, original raiser folds, villain flips 98hh vs. J9ss, I brick out, couple hands later I ship 3700 A8s from the CO, called by the buttons 99, I manage to flop a FD and hit it on the river, this brings me up to like 8kish,

I had a pretty good table draw in that no one had a notion of short stack play, so I was looking forward to abusing the shit out of them, so I was shoving in +ev spots, have roughly 11k I shove wit JJ from early position blinds are 400/800 ante 75, get called by a guy with 77 he has like 8k,
QTQ8 and the miracle 7 ball on the river, so I’m down to like 2800 bohoo, if I had to won that I’d would been in a great position but ah well can’t do much better than that, I shove the next hand UTG wit 64of, there is a chance the BB will fold incorrectly even though he should call any two, he does call any two wit J2off, I manage to flop 2pair which put me at like 6kish buy still in serious danger, I wait for a spot to push but can’t cos someone had brought the action in before me and I had no fold equity and not a strong enough showdown hand, I end up shoving my last 5325 chips in the middle from UTG +1 with J9s, get called by the next guy with roughly 6or 7k in chips wit 44, I am not a huge fan of his call he is at best racing, someone can wake up with a stronger hand behind and have him crushed, he will be better pushing himself with any two. The door card is a 9 but the two following where 64 and then the sweat of a 9 on the turn but it no joy, the BB actually made a bad fold with AJ.

I would have liked to play but the main event but it sold out some time ago uncapped this event could have hit the 600 or 700players mark i believe, I will just have to wait for the side event on Saturday 300euro in with 20k chips and 40mins blinds, i registered for this already can't afford to miss another event cos its soldout, so hopefully I will get something going in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment