Sunday, February 7, 2010

300 euro Deepstacked Festival

So I played the 300euro side event at the deepstacked festival and it was a very short day for me. It was such a pity because I got such a soft table draw. Two irish one who I played with once before in the one and only pub game I’ve ever played in JP’s game in Molloys. To say that he was terrible was being nice. The other was your typical old irish player who is very exploitable. Then there was a horrible Russian player, an Italian and the rest French/Belgian.

The first hand I got was two kings, it was the 3rd hand and the Russian had already lost maybe 5k and had 3bet the previous hand from 125 call, 700, and he took it down preflop. I raise UTG +1 to 225 after a limper, the Russian makes it 725, I know this is a combo of full of crap/steaming and some strong hands but nothing he should be 3betting with especially at this stage. It is an obvious 4bet vs. this opponent cos he will defend wit so much worse so I make my 4bet way bigger than normal and crank it up 2750 after a short think, he calls relatively quickly, given this type of player a 5bet would have been sick but my sizing was so that he should only 5bet AA but tbh this guy was so bad I don’t think I could fold. So the flop hits J96dd, I have the King of diamonds, I bet 3950 and he tanks and folds his garbage.

The next real hand I played was in level one also when I limp after a couple limpers with QJs at some tables I squeeze but this would not get through and the table is so weak if I hit a big flop I can stack some weak one pair type hand. Flop comes QJ3dd, its checked to me on the button and I bet 250, into 325, the Russian calls quickly everyone else folds. The turn comes an 9hearts, I ponder and try to decide wat he has got, he for sure could have KT so a raise by him could put me in a sick spot, he couldn’t have a set cos he would play it faster on the flop, I also ruled out 2pair hands(he was BB) cos he would play them faster. So I put his range mostly to FD and some one pair type hands like JT or QT etc, so I bet 525 he snap call, so in my head I’m saying not putting any more money in on a diamond and bang the worst diamond hits the Kd, he checks and so do I he turns over T7dd what a terrible river check by him.

So the next hand is the most important of the day and is LOL and we are still in the first 40 level, one limp by the irish guy I described from JP’s game, this guys mo is he bets really aggro regardless and calls way too much with weak hands so hes an aggro calling station kind of he makes it 5,6,7x preflop, one hand I saw him play in JP’s game limped pot KK4 maybe 5players he overbets pot and gets one caller and then bets hard on a 6 and then again on like a 9 river, calls allin wit KJ, for the other guy to turn 66,

So the hand in question he limps I raise 78dd in the cutoff to 200 are Russian friend defends as does the limper, flop comes a dream T96 rainbow and the irish guy leads for 600 which is nearly full pot. I think that from the non aggro nature of the Russian post that I shouldn’t bother trying to just call in the hope he does something, so I decide to raise straight away to 1750, Russian fold, the next guy snap calls, turn comes a 5, and he checks so usually I would bet smaller to balance my bluffing range a little but bet 3500 cos this guy is such a station and his most likely hand is JT, T8, T7, I think he plays a set way more aggro, he could have two pair and is scared, he also may have a draw wit QJ or J8, the rivers I plan on slowing down are board pairs, Kings and eights, the river comes an Ace which is bad cos he may fold his hands that has the ten paired, I bet 7200 and he shoves for like 13k or so I snap and he turns over T8ss, I had been so focused on extracting value I didn’t see that a backdoor flush had came, but tbh if I had say it I wouldn’t have played the river any different cos that is such a lil part of his range.

So I am crippled down to 3325 blinds up to 50-100, I wait maybe 5 or 6 hands pick up aces in the cut off 4 limps to me, I make it 500, 6 to the flop I just know I’m never winning the flop comes a nightmare 625ss which basically means someone has flopped a set especially the way I’ve been running lately, checks to me and I bet 1425, sb calls and my irish friend calls, turn comes a 2 don’t know if it’s a good or bad card some loon could have A2 or 23s or some BS the SB leads for a 1000 lol at bet sizing, I say I know I’m bets I’m all in for like 1500 or so he calls guess wat fives full, I’m on my bike after an hour. It sucked so bad.

I will have to hope for better for my next two live trips in Manchester and Punta Del Este. I am a positive person so I must have got knocked out so I can have a great Sunday online obviously

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment