Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Trip so far

Well i left my house at 8.30am Friday morning and i did not arrive in Auckland until 6.20am Sunday(12hours ahead). In general my travel was fine, the entertainment and hospitality on Air New Zealand was fantastic. My only complaint i would have and i have had on my only other previous long distance flight is how horribly uncomfortable it is for me, the pain in my ass was by far the worst, constantly sliding down the seat, tbh it still kind of hurts now.

I managed to arrive at the hotel at 8.30am, i got a shuttle bus for Nz$30 and i would recommend them for anyone travelling alone to Auckland. When I got to the hotel I was arriving two days before what pokerstars were paying for so I had arranged with pokerstars that I would pay for the two nights myself, but when the hotel had no indication that I was arriving early. However it was no problem only I had to wait until 11.00am to check-in. I left my luggage at concierge and decided I would get something to eat/drink and check my emails. What I didn’t consider was that it was Sunday morning, so I presumed a few beers was a no no, only coffee shops where open and the last thing I wanted was something that would prevent me from sleeping in a few hours.

So I decided to walk toward the harbour and stretch my legs and look for an internet cafĂ©. I was beside a pub that was open. So I wonder in after roaming the web, looking like a sweaty serial killer type and I ask “can I get a drink?”, barmaid replies “why couldn’t ya get a drink, mate”. . . . I say “oh ah oh ah. . . . I thought. . . give us a pint of lager so…” boom served at like 9.30am. The entertainment was that good on the plane I never got a chance to look at my Nuts magazine I had purchased in Dublin airport, four pints of mac golds later and an update on on Danielle Lloyds . . . . . it was 11.00am and time to head to check in.

In my room by 11.30am, I didn’t realise how fucked I was until I tried to mount that hill, my legs were killing me, I was like fuck me, I’m bollixed, damn these new runners. I got showered and sitting on the bed (kingsize J) about to rest my little head noticed my right ankle was swollen huge and left was not as bad, I didn’t leave the hotel for 24hours that’s how fucked I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment