Monday, October 19, 2009

Auckland Part 3

I wake up for the main event feeling quite good, even with my small loss the day before, was really looking forward to getting a good table draw and building my stack steadily.

My starting table was a dream really. I ran over the table to get up to 28k with no hassle at all and no showdowns. A pretty interesting hand i open A4ss in the cutoff to 300, flatted by a hungarian qualifier on the button(my read was he was a solid player and knew wat he was doing)

Flop KQQdd, i check, he fires 350, i feel he is going to fire 100% of his range when i check to him, i can peel one card here and fire alot of turns and rivers to make him fold alot of his range.

Turn 7s, i fire 850, he calls after one min of thinking

River Tx, not completing any flushs. I bet 2250, and he quickly folds.

My table breaks after two levels and i get moved to a super tough table with lots of unorthodox play. I've got a solid local cash grinder to my left. An aussie guy Ali Khalil, two young internet qualifiers to my right and two nits. A loose australian/lebonase guy who wil defend J4off from his BB.

I go pretty card dead and dwindle from 28k down to like 13.5k getting no good spots-(this is over of the space of 4levels), so this Auckland Internet guy makes it like 1k in the hijack and look down at JJ, my plan vs him was to 3bet/call. So i make it 3.5k

Ali Khalil flats after like 2mins of deliberation. I put his range to JJ+, AK- then the original raiser shoves for like 30k. I tank and fold and so does Ali who has JJ also. I don't know its pretty close but he is never jamming TT+ AQ+ there, my hand does pretty shitty vs his range. It sucked folding but whatever

This tight internet qualifier makes it 1500 playing 8k, i have just over 10k and shove blinds are 300-600 wit 50 ante.

He calls and has AA, obv my TT is not worth a wank.

Down to 2000, i double up twice wit A7s vs KJ and 99 vs 55, I then get a standard reship over the Auckland guys hijack raise i jam QThh, he thinks and calls wit AQoff, no miracles bye bye just at the end of the 2nd last level of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment