Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm not dead yet!

Well its been a long while since my last blog post, and lots of things have happened since then. I guess the biggest thing is that I decided that I’m going to go to Australia in January for the year. My best mate mentioned to me last march that he was considering going over as he was finished college that year and wanted to do it while he still could and before he got a real job. I immediately without even thinking about it and said I’ll go. The way I figured it would be a great life changing experience and serious craic. I like to enjoy myself and love travelling.

After I came back from UKIPT Coventry(where I actually made day 2) I don’t like to use the word depressed, so I guess I better manner would be I was kind of fed up with poker and pretty much didn’t want to play and grind and took a pretty long break from the game.(Well the longest I‘ve taken since I started playing when I was 16)
This was not a great thing as I just went out too much, drinking too much and just was a real mess and I didn’t know one day from the next and didn’t know where anything was going. I have a large group of friends if anything was happening I was involved. Don’t get me wrong I did have a good time most of the time but I think I had a bit of a epiphany after my 21st, I had pretty much been on a couple month bender and felt like absolute shit and said I can’t keep this up. So I decided I needed to make a change so I cut back on the drink, I knew realistically I could never just give it up as alcohol is a huge part of our culture, I stopped drinking shorts and drinking before going out, I also cut back on nights out. I was much more focused and productive as a person. I finally felt like I wanted to play poker again.

So I didn’t know what to play, and I wanted to set myself a challenge and not to dive back in, so I withdrew all my funds online and left 600$ on Pokerstars and decided I’d grind that up and I would do it playing HU SNG’s and the reason for this is because somehow I was down 600$ @ the 23$ level games from playing them drunk and poorly since I played under that account, so I wanted to rectify that. So I’ve been playing mainly hu sng’s and the odd MTT thrown in. I’ve been happy with my success so far considering the small volume I’ve put in. That is the plan poker wise before I go away and I’d say my only live outing will possible be UKIPT Galway in December. Other than that its really full steam ahead with Australia flights are booked and visa’s are granted leaving 9th of January.

While I am in Australia I plan to update this blog and maybe do the odd vblog as one the lads going is a genius with tech stuff. I do intend to bring the laptop and play poker when I can and also check out some of the live action over there.

I’m sure it won’t be another 6months before I update again,

Jay

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting and honest entry Jay, gl with the move and hopefully will see you in Galway

    ReplyDelete